× Post your model requests here

Waywardcraft Era I Pack - Help Needed!

More
4 years 1 month ago #76327 by TheOrion

spicystreak2 wrote: Actually, this plane was made in 1944, and this pack gos to 1949

Yes, but compared to the overall lineup there is now, it has no reason of being there, as we can asume A Jet-Engine Hybrid is not what's ment to go along with Planes like 1920's Biplanes. Atleast that's my personal opinion here. Gotta wait for Matt to drop points on that.

MVP Ostwind
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 1 month ago #76344 by spicystreak2
Here is the next plane, the X9B Skyterror, based on the P-38 Lightning:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

File Attachment:

“Tank beats Ghost! Tank beats Hunter! Tank beats everything!”
More
4 years 1 month ago #76348 by DamagedNASCAR89
[quote/]
Burton 99 Hauler (yes, the trailer is a trailer in model parts, so it should rotate I think/ hope)
[quote/]

If that thing actually rotates...WOW!!!
More
4 years 1 month ago #76349 by Rainfire5

DamagedNASCAR89 wrote:

Matt wrote: Burton 99 Hauler (yes, the trailer is a trailer in model parts, so it should rotate I think/ hope)

If that thing actually rotates...WOW!!!

Sorry to be a downer but trailers don't actually work. It would've been a feature but for unknown reasons it was cancelled by jamio himself.

I tried adding one on my Jeep with an M45 Quad .50 (for passenger gun) on it but the "trailer" just rotates with the vehicle and not like a trailer really would. Regardless I'm keeping it that way until trailers are re-thought of.

========================================================================

========================================================================
More
4 years 1 month ago #76366 by TankHunterCobra
yeah the best use of trailers so far is reactive armor for tanks, otherwise it's completely worthless
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #76376 by Mattrock607
That's a bummer. I got super-excited when I saw trailers and thought it would work. I'm leaving it that way though, like Rainfire said. If it gets fixed down the line we'll finally have a proper 18-wheeler in Flan's ;)

I really like Spicy's planes and don't mind the jet engine, though I can see why some would think it throws off the pack. The only real continuity issue I see is the color, but maybe that's just me (I'm not saying you should change it or anything). It just seems like the black and bright green "feels" modern, if that makes sense? But again, this is almost an unofficial community pack as far as I'm concerned and I'm cool with anything, so long as it fits into the timeline properly.

And now for the most difficult car I ever made... the ridiculous Schmidt D30 (and ty for the name suggestions btw!). This thing made me curse in German, and I don't speak German. It's based on the Mercedes 130 . I wanted something a little different from the typical American and British cars I've been doing, and that was a pretty cool rear-engine sedan, a precursor of sorts to the Beetle (I may or may not add a 1940's Beetle. I didn't know they existed back then, pretty cool).

It's been two or three days of building it, scrapping it, building it, and scrapping it. Many heads slammed into many desks. Many inquisitive looks from my girlfriend as I yelled things at my computer screen. But it's done. It's done, and I'm never messing with this model again. :unsure:

I think I got decently close to the real deal. It's as close as I'm ever getting it. If it sucks and someone wants to take a crack at it, be my guest. But be warned... this car is rough.

Edit: I'm not sure if I should keep the car logo the way it is or change it. It alludes pretty hard to the German flag, without really duplicating it. I'm not sure if it's different enough that it works with the pack. Eh, it's 3 am, I'll worry about it tomorrow lol.

Tomorrow I'll take a look at the 1940's VW Beetles and see if it's worth the trouble. I'll either start work on the Beetle ("the Schmidt Grasshopper") or maybe a 1930's/ 1940's Alfa Romeo 8C (The Terzi 7B). I also want to work on the Packard Woody Wagon at some point soon.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Mattrock607.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vampyro

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu